Success and Failures of ERP
There are myriad stories around the businesses across the world over describing about the success and failure stories
of ERP implementation.
ERP has transformed the way multi-billion dollar corporations conduct their businesses. Successful implementation of
ERP systems could save tens of millions of dollars and increase employee satisfactions, customer satisfactions and
sustain competitive advantages in every- changing marketplace.
Corporate executives are often perplexed by the stories that how reputable corporations have failed miserably and
lost ten of millions of dollars in their ERP endures.
The failures of ERP projects are preventable if we can identify the common causes of the failures regardless the
companies and industries that implement them.
An ERP system is the combination of the following :
- ERP software,
- Business processes that the ERP transforms,
- Users of the ERP system, and
- Computer systems that run the ERP applications.
The failure of an ERP project is often the result of the failures in one or more of above described four components
ERP implementation can reap enormous benefits for successful companies or it can be disastrous for companies that
fail to manage the implementation process.
Creative Solutions ERP Role
Creative Solutions plays a consultative role for selecting an appropriate ERP solution to the valuable clients.
The consultative role played by the Creative Solutions for our client will include :
- Study the current business processes and determine the gaps emerging by the processes.
- Study and participate in defining the new business requirements.
- Preparing the Request For Proposal (RFP).
- Chalk out the IT Strategy.
- Setting up the Evaluation Criteria.
- Gather the Responses from the ERP Providers and evaluate them against the selected evaluation criteria and
shortlist some providers which have the products close to the working processes.
- Undertake Project Management during the implementation.
The above steps are broadly discussed as each one is composed of it own course of activities.In this manner, all
working processes of the company at three levels (main processes, sub-processes, activities) are analyzed.